wp-mirror-list

[Wp-mirror-list] WP-MIRROR 0.5 released

From: wp mirror
Subject: [Wp-mirror-list] WP-MIRROR 0.5 released
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:20:52 -0500

Dear list members,

 I am pleased to announce the release of WP-MIRROR 0.5.

 The main design objective was this:  WP-MIRROR 0.5 should be `feature
 complete'.  It is now deemed beta-ware.  Examples of new features are:

 Concurrency:  Adding, building, and dropping wikipedias from the
 mirror can now we done concurrently.  The main use case is this:
 During the build of the default `simple' wikipedia, one may add
 additional wikipedias to the mirror.

 Images:  WP-MIRROR 0.5 does a more thorough job of identifying image
 files to be downloaded.

 Interwiki links:  If the mirror has two or more wikipedias, then
 Interlanguage links now appear in the Navigation Bar.  That is, when
 browsing an article in one wikipedia, the link to the corresponding
 article in the other wikipedia appears in the Navigation Bar, so that
 the user can readily switch between the two.

 Packaging:  The DEB package for WP-MIRROR 0.5 should work
 `out-of-the-box' with no user configuration for the following
 distributions:

 o Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)
 o Ubuntu 12.10 (quantal)

 Virtual Host:  URL has been changed to <http://simple.wpmirror.site/>.
  Consistency of naming was the motivation.

 The web page <http://www.nongnu.org/wp-mirror/> has been updated.
 Feedback is welcome.

 Sincerely Yours,
 Dr. Kent L. Miller