www-th-list

[thaitrans] Hi Guys! .... please read this

From: Chaitat Piriyastit
Subject: [thaitrans] Hi Guys! .... please read this
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:55:58 +0700

Hi Guys

How is it going?  Now that we have our own mailing list, we will use
this list to discuss about our work.  The address@hidden' list
currently contains:

Chaitat Piriyasatit        <address@hidden>
Jaturawit Doungmanee <address@hidden>
Pairit Nittayanuparp     <address@hidden>
Teesid Korsrilabutr       <address@hidden>

But everybody in the world can read the archives of our list........
just to let you know

Here are some guidelines:

1. Do NOT use tab character (\t) in any of our files.  I want to know
who on earth is the first person who has suggested the tab character
to the world..... :P  The reason is that the tab char is the source of
incompatibility among different text editors, so why we still use it?.
 Please check your favorite text editor's manual of how to convert
those tabs into white spaces.  And because I am an Emacs fan, I will
show you how to accomplish this rule in Emacs:

1.1 Put these lines into your $HOME/.emacs (for html-mode)

(setq html-mode-hook
      '(lambda  ( )
         (progn
            (set-variable 'indent-tabs-mode nil)
            (setq tab-width 2)
            ; other customizations, if any, go here
            )))

1.2 Please share your configuration of your favorite text editor.
That may help other.

Also for the files that already contain tab chars, you should
translate those tab chars into spaces using tool like `tr', for
example.

2. Please assign yourself a task whenever you do a major changing on
any file.  See the page:

http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?group=thaitrans

As you may already know that CVS uses the checkout-modify-merge model
for version control, so we have to use the task manager as a tool to
communicate between us.  If you don't assign yourself a task before
doing any major changing and suppose that more than 1 person is
working on the same file with major changing, CVS will tell you to
resolve the conflict when you commit the file.  And that sucks!  CVS
is good for the planned project so the task manager comes.

3. About the cvsroot.  Teesid you've already known this issue.  For
sometime ago, we have moved our working area to `/webcvs/thaitrans'
instead of `/cvsroot/thaitrans' so that our work can be viewed by
other easily.  We can see our current work in

http://www.nongnu.org/thaitrans/gnu/index.th.html

You can see how to cvs in/out from

http://www.nongnu.org/thaitrans/how-to/how-to-cvs.html

In summary, use `/webcvs/thaitrans'!!!