[XBoard-devel] Re: winboard with windows XP SP2

From: Tim Mann
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Re: winboard with windows XP SP2
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:23:12 -0700

On Tue, 10 May 2005 06:38:03 EDT, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello Tim.
> I have a question. Winboard for microsoft windows XP, He is compatible with
> XP SP2 ?
> Because when i try to install winboard on my system, i have a message "
> c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt  file system not allowed  ............"
> thank you for your help.
> Joel  Porte
> Blois (France)

I found out what this problem is.  This is a necessary file for running
16-bit programs under Windows, and WinBoard's self-extracting installer
is currently a 16-bit program.  Apparently it gets deleted from some
people's XP systems by mistake.  Microsoft explains how to fix it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/