[XBoard-devel] Re: Fwd: Re: [Bug-XBoard] Please Help

From: Tim Mann
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Re: Fwd: Re: [Bug-XBoard] Please Help
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 18:02:59 -0700

Thanks for offering to donate your work.  I'm not really working on
xboard anymore and haven't looked at what you did, so I'm not sure if
there's enough there that we need you to sign a copyright assignment to
be able to easily add support for those variants, or if it's just a
matter of a couple of tweaks on top of the variant support that H.G.
already has in his fork.  Maybe Arun and H.G. can say.

Note that we haven't done a release from the main line for years (and I
don't expect there will be one soon), so I'm not sure how having the
code in the main line right away helps you, unless your students are
accustomed to downloading code from CVS and building it themselves.

        --Tim

--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/