[XBoard-devel] progress on 4.4.0

From: h.g. muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] progress on 4.4.0
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:04:46 +0200

Just to keep everyone posted on the things I am doing:

I succeeded in extending the Polyglot opening-book format to all variants
supported by XBoard, and made the necessary changes in the file book.c
to probe variant opening books in this extended format. I tested it with a
Xiangqi book that I converted from another format, and it seems to work
without problems. I also tested if the opening books for normal Chess
could still be read; also no problems there.

One remaining point is the implementation of castling rights in FischeRandom.
Here a special encodig is needed for positions where the Rooks are on the
same side of the King, to indicate to which Rook the casling right applies.
This stil has to be fixed. (Not that such positions are likely to occur in any
opening book fo FRC, but just as a matter of principle.)

Regards,
H.G.