Re: [XBoard-devel] HLP file / make / packaging

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] HLP file / make / packaging
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 21:03:45 +0200

Is there a way to make it a non-fatal error in the make procedure
that the help cannot be built, so that people will get a working winboard.exe,
but just no .hlp file with it (and a friendly warning)?

I would prefer that over supplying a pre-compiled help. WinBoard users
hardly ever build from source. (They only do it now because we do not
supply any binaries on the GNU site.) When they do, they don't do
it because they want to generate a help. But we frequently build new
.hlp files, and I do think it is a good thing we are using the same makefiles
as we distribute.