Re: [XBoard-devel] Future plans

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Future plans
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 09:21:44 -0700

Hi

> [...]. And WinBoard should pay attention to the length
> of the option names to dynamically format the dialog so they remain
> fully visible. This is easy, but tedious.

this should perhaps just go into the gtk-version?

> The startup dialog should be abolished, and be reformed to a menu
> dialogthat can be summoned up at any time.[...]

can this be just part of a preference window, perhaps a preference->startup tab
or something like that? Should perhaps also go into the gtk-version...

> I want to rewrite evalgraph.c, to give it good back-end / front-end
> separation,so it can be easily ported to XBoard and/or GtkBoard.

For 4.4.1 separating frontend/backend stuff sounds like a good goal.

Another thing I would like to do is clean up the code a bit more,:
* get rid of code that's between #if 0 #endif, #ifdef NOTDEF-blocks, #if JAIL
* there is also #ifdef Gothic, #ifdef Falcon: shouldn't we always include these?
* would be nice to add more comments to the code ;)
* remove unused variables, etc.

I would leave all the frontend stuff for the gtk-version.

cheers
       ARUN