Re: [XBoard-devel] git issues

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] git issues
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:48:36 -0800

Hi

> /etc/xboard/xboard.conf
> ~/.xboard/xboard.conf
>
> This is what is common on Linux. There should be a command line argument
> for specifying an alternative configuration file (or perhaps config
> directory).

I think for linux the user file should go into

~/.config/xboard/xboard.conf

That's where newer programs on my computer put there config files...
other programs use something like ~/.xboardrc

I remember reading somewhere that .conf should be the ending for config
files, but I can't find a reference for that at the moment.

ARUN