Re: [XBoard-devel] lots of changes in git

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] lots of changes in git
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:09:11 +0100

probably better to use 4.4.1,n since we might run into version
problems... e.g windows might think that 4,2009,... is newer than 4,4,3,0

That would certainly create a problem, as 20091122 does not fit in 16 bits.
I don't think that Windows thinks anything about these numbers. The
only thing they seem to be used for is when you hover the mouse pointer
over the icon, is that it pops up a small text box that, amongst others,
contains this information.