Re: [XBoard-devel] Promotion and piece menus

From: Eric Mullins
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Promotion and piece menus
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 16:36:16 -0600

I personally think this isn't worth a whole lot of time investment since the Q to non-Q preference is something near 1000 to 1. Bughouse may be different, but then those players have exotic customized interface needs.

But anyway, since it isn't my time... heh.

One idea off the top of my head is whenever a player can legally promote, buttons could appear above the promotion square to indicate which piece to become. In English, they would be labelled: Q R B N

Then instead of moving normally, the user could just click one of them instead of even touching the promoting pawn.