[XBoard-devel] translations

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] translations
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:19:14 -0700

Hello

for the latest version in master, we added support of translation via
gettext. Gettext-support was already in the source code, but hasn't been
updated for a long time and also wasn't activated.

The plan is to fix some smaller issues with the translation, e.g. the
size of some strings is different in different languages and needs to be
taken into account in some places. We also have some translations for
winboard, which HGM is translating into .po files. Ones that done, we
are planning on handing the translation over to the people at

translationproject.org

Once that's done, we are out of the loop of translations apart from
sending them updated .pot files every now and then. They will have their
own emails address for translations bugs, etc.

I think this is a nice solution that lets us focus on xboard...

What do you all think?

Arun