Re: [XBoard-devel] promotion issue with translation

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] promotion issue with translation
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 21:07:48 +0100

There is only one reason I can think of why we should keep the promo popup,
and that is that blind people cannot use the new mechanism because they cannot use a mouse. But it is actually a bad reason, as there currently is no special XBoard version for the blind as there is for WinBoard. And to handle the promo popup through key-strokes + audio feedback is actually more cumbersome than typing the move using auto-popup of the move type-in dialog.
So my guess is that even blind people would not miss the promo-popup very much.