Re: [XBoard-devel] Hi from a new member of the xboard team

From: Eric Mullins
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Hi from a new member of the xboard team
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:16:21 -0700

On 12/17/2011 3:41 PM, Byrial Jensen wrote:
I am not very impressed with the maintainability of the code:

Yeah, it's horrid for the reasons you point out. People write different styles of code, and there aren't any standards for what can be applied to the master branch. At least it usually compiles. Usually.

But you're right. Every warning that is silenced is a lost opportunity to easily catch bugs.

I would like to improve on these things. However if I make
non-functional changes to e.g. the master branch, it will make the
difference between the branches bigger, and it will be harder to move
code between branches. So I would like to hear your opinions on this.

That would be great. The tougher problem might be keeping it that way once the sources are in shape.