Re: [XBoard-devel] Working towards a 4.6.0 release

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Working towards a 4.6.0 release
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:41:49 -1000

Hi

just a few short comments, since I don't have a good internet connection (I also won't be able to catch up on all emails, so I might have missed something in another thread)

*) The bad bug with the black clock I was wrestling with before my
holiday is now solved.

another option for saving space for "black" and "white" in the clocks would be to write the string above the time string. That way we would have a lot more horizontal space for it. The font could be sized as min(user requested, width of element) or something similar.

*) I still have to take a closer look to what exactly the status of this
20-sec startup delay
currently is.
*) We should still have a look at optimization level of some
time-critical pieces of code
used in loading huge PGN files (in particular moves.c and parser.c).

Any more loose ends?

there was the issue of renaming chess program to chess engine... I started this in a separate branch called engine. Would be good if people could read through the diffs and test it.

cheers

Arun