[XBoard-devel] TCP connection (expiry?) with ICS

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: [XBoard-devel] TCP connection (expiry?) with ICS
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 20:59:03 +1100

I leave xboard open and connected to Internet chess server (ICS). After a
while, because of what I think is it not sending any data to server, the
connection dies. Due to the way TCP/IP works, the fact that the connection died
is only known to server in some 20-30 minutes.

Is there a way to make xboard do something -- such as, if my understanding
above is correct, send some dummy messages to server every few minutes -- so
that I don't encounter the above issue, and can leave xboard connected to an
ICS for days?