[XBoard-devel] xboard osx issues and a few fixes

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: [XBoard-devel] xboard osx issues and a few fixes
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:05:44 -0400

Hi Arun,

I fixed a couple issues with the osx build.  First there was an issue launching xboard on case sensitive journaled systems, I completely forgot that that was an option for mac users. :\

Next macports seemed to have organized the gtk-osx-application to two versions a gtk2 and gtk3 and wound up setting the includes back to gtkmacintegration/osxapplication.h.

Both fixes are on my github repo
https://github.com/JoshuaPettus/xboard-osx

Finally somehow I borked your installation line for the gtk20.mo locale files.

for i in po/*mo; do lang=`basename $$i .gmo`; $(INSTALL) $(macportsprefix)/share/locale/$$lang/LC_MESSAGES/gtk20.mo $(localedir)/$$lang/LC_MESSAGES/; done

I get

install: /Users/josh/Downloads/xboard-osx-master/XBoard.app/Contents/Resources/share/locale/*gmo/LC_MESAGES/: No such file or directory

It doesn’t appear to be generating the locale folder and subfolders in the app bundle.  I don’t understand why. It was working before but when I reinstalled macports on my VM it stopped.

$(macportsprefix) expands to /opt/local which is correct and the gtk2.gmo files are in the right place on the macports install.   So I don’t know.

Thanks,
Josh