Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 22:11:34 +0200

Op 3/29/2016 om 9:07 PM schreef Joshua Pettus:
I just put that in, it wasn’t there the last dev release.

Ah!

And I just fixed a bug in the help clicks that only manifested itself on texts of 1 or 2 characters... Lets do another developer release, that would give us a bit more time to stumble on bugs.

I wonder if the header lines in the Engine-Output window should also be marked for translation
(multi-PV setting, exclusion header and column headers):

static char columnHeader[MSG_SIZ] = "dep\tscore\tnodes\ttime\t(not shown: tbhits\tknps\tseldep)\n"; static char *titles[] = { "score\t", "nodes\t", "time\t", "tbhits\t", "knps\t", "seldep\t" };

snprintf(header[which], MSG_SIZ, "\t%s viewpoint\t\tfewer / Multi-PV %s = %d / more\n", appData.whitePOV || appData.scoreWhite ? "white" : "mover", s, cps->option[multi].value);

safeStrCpy(exclusionHeader, "exclude: none best +tail \n", MSG_SIZ);

The problem with the latter one is that the current code writes excludedmoves behind it, assuming it knows where the white space after 'tail' starts, and where the '+' before it is in the string to change it into '-'. It woudl require some code changes to allow the length of this taxt to change in translation. The columnHeader is also recreated with the labels
in a different order from 'titles', when you collapseor open columns.

I don't really feel like embarking on bug-prone modifications again...
in a different order