Re: GTK Port and XBoard contribution

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: GTK Port and XBoard contribution
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:50:55 -0800

Hi

On 1/6/21 8:19 AM, h.g.muller@hccnet.nl wrote:
Sorry for the late response; I did not have much time to spend on computer chess during the holidays.

Just for the record: I have not been doing much development on XBoard these past years, but I did some. Problem is that I had not done it for so long that I forgot the password I needed to push things to Savannah. So the most recent source code is only in my own on-line repository, at http://hgm.nubati.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi (v4.9.x branch).

yes, it would be good to get those incorporated... as for access to savannah. You can upload a new ssh key through the web interface and I believe also request a password reset for the web interface.
The ssh-key is needed to push to git.

We should also have a version of XBoard upgraded to GTK 3, in some other branch. It was never merged into the master branch, though. I am also not sure if that version would be compilable on the VM I always use for XBoard development (which runs Ubuntu 10.04).

Perhaps it is time to update the VM ;) 10.04 went out of support in 2013 I think...

Simon: I'll see if I can get someone at GNU to add you to the project

Arun