Re: New Chinese (simplified) PO file for 'xboard' (version 4.9.0-pre2)

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: New Chinese (simplified) PO file for 'xboard' (version 4.9.0-pre2)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:53:43 -0800

Hi

On 12/20/21 4:30 PM, Tim Mann wrote:
Arun should be able to explain if you have questions. AFAIK he's always handled this.

Sorry was on vacation without email access for a bit.

It has been a long time since I last did anything in regards to translations ;) I believe there are two steps to this: a) create a new pot file, i.e. extract all translatable strings from the source files... I would have to check on my other computer if I have any notes on this, but I believe this is mostly automated via a Makefile or some other script? The files that are searched for strings are in po/POTFILES.in b) uploading a new tar-ball to alpha.gnu.org. This could be named 4.9.2-pre1 or something like that. I think we went with pre-N postfixes for the translationproject.

Not sure if this helps, let me know if you haven't figured it out by now and I try to figure it out...

Arun