xbubble-users

Re: [Xbubble-users] Hello there

From: Mike Cook
Subject: Re: [Xbubble-users] Hello there
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:28:05 -0500

I just joined this list.  I enjoy xbubble, I am currently using xbubble
0.5.8 on damn small linux with a p90 laptop w/ 40M ram and it runs very
well.  I am currently involved in an organization that provides computers
and support free of charge to those otherwise not able to afford them.  We
use Linux exclusively and have found that xbubble runs noticeably better
than frozen bubble on the older machines that we give away.  It is also a
great help to us that it compiles into a small package with few dependencies
as we often have limited drive space to devote to games an such.    I
noticed that you have already moved to Alioth.  I don't have a problem with
SDL, it adds another library dependency but the library is pretty common and
used by many other programs.

- Is there still someone around, or my recent lack of activity about this
got
- rid of all list members?

- I still have ideas about xbubble, I just lack the time to make them
happen:
-  - implement chain reaction
-  - move to SDL to get rid of the rendering code I don't understand (and
gain
-    in portability)
-  - move from savanah to alioth, since I happen to use this host rather
-    heavily in other projects, and I like it better. For example, I don't
-    have to dig in the documentation during half an hour each time I want
-    upload a new release. As a result, I do upload the tarbals ;)