xenomai-main

Re: [Xenomai-main] Exiting the Xenomai emulation

From: gilles . chanteperdrix
Subject: Re: [Xenomai-main] Exiting the Xenomai emulation
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:58:45 +0100

Fabrice TOMASI wrote:
 > (...)
 >     Sorry but I can't send you any piece of the source code.....But,
 > several tests have been done in order to fix this problem, there are the
 > results:

I do not want to see the code of your application, I do not have the
time it would take to dig into it and understand how it works. I just
ask you to write, from scratch, a toy program that triggers the
problem.

 > (...)
 > - So, I thought the problem were within xnpod_restart_thread(). In fact,
 > I looked at the old posix.h and found a difference in the
 > posix_thread_trampoline() function. The two lines:
 >     setjmp(tcb->rstenv);
 >     tcb->restartable = 1;
 > are placed just before "tcb->entry(tcb->cookie);" in the older version
 > but not in the version from the cvs. So, I moved these lines just before

Ok, thanks, this was a bug... setjmp should never have moved that far !

 > "tcb->entry(tcb->cookie);" in the cvs version. Now, it works better.
 > Most of the tests for our emulator works now but some of them still
 > doesn't (for the same reason).
 >     I hope this will help you to understand what's happening.....

Nope, sorry, I do not have a sudden illumination. Do you happen, by any
chance, to "restart" some thread ?

Regards.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.