xmakemol-discuss

[Xmakemol-discuss] Installing on Fedora Core Linux

From: Fred Nastos
Subject: [Xmakemol-discuss] Installing on Fedora Core Linux
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:00:30 -0500

Hi, I tried installing xmakemol on Fedora.  Although it compiles and I
can run it, I can't get the openGL support compiled in.  The configure
script doesn't seem to be able to find where GL is it.  I have installed
glut-devel, but the confiure script says glut.h cannot be found.

Here is the output of some "locate" commands:

] locate glut.h
/usr/include/GL/glut.h

] locate GL | grep -v man
/usr/X11R6/lib/tls/libGL.so.1.2
/usr/X11R6/lib/tls/libGL.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a
... etc ...
/usr/include/GL
/usr/include/GL/GLwMDrawAP.h
/usr/include/GL/GLwDrawA.h
... etc ...
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGLU.so.1
/usr/lib/libGL.so
/usr/lib/libGLU.so
... etc ...

When I run ./configure in the output I find (removing the "successes")
] ./configure
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking for X... (cached) libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/lib/
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... (cached) no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... (cached) no
checking whether OpenGL library is available... (cached) -lGL
checking whether GLU is available... (cached) -lGLU
checking for a GL widget... (cached) glwMDrawingAreaWidgetClass GLwMDrawA.h
GLw
checking the GLwMDrawA.h header location... (cached) GL
checking for GL/glut.h... (cached) no

Does someone know how I can get GL set right?

Thanks.