xnee-devel

question

From: Friedli Sacha
Subject: question
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:24:18 +0000

Hi there!

I want to use cnee for a real basic mouse-position recording, but then I want to use the output

.xns file with some other program. So since I am a total newby I need to understand a little bit

the way events are recorded. I guess this is all related to the way X11 works.

In fact I couldn't really find a place in your tutorial where the meaning of each line, say

7,6,704,564,0,0,0,10027125,13,'Synaptics TM3072-003'

is explained.

I see that when the mouse is still for a while, this will only generate a single line in the .xns,

which makes sense.

My main question is: there is no way to ask for a

recording of the mouse positions at every FIXED interval of time (say every 15 milliseconds), correct?

Many thanks in advance

Sacha

EPFL - Bureau BCH 2242