Re: [Xouvert-general] License question

From: Massimo Santoro
Subject: Re: [Xouvert-general] License question
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:35:58 +0200

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 06:25, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> From the Xouvert webpage:
>
>     All code that enters the project is under the standard X11 license,
>     or compatible free license as specified by the Free Software
>     Foundation.
>
> I hope that isn't too stifling.  Check out the GPL compatibility list
> sometime.  It makes interesting reading.

I checked it before asking and of course I read many times the xouvert home
page.

The question was: "why not make it GPL instead of X11/MIT?"

The answer was: "because we could not recontribute to XFree86"

Then: "GPL would not cause anything <bad> about this, let's not forget it is
an independent fork, maybe GPL would make it better".

Massimo