Re: [xougen] Re: [Xouvert-general] Server Side Widgets

From: weigelt
Subject: Re: [xougen] Re: [Xouvert-general] Server Side Widgets
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:44:40 +0200

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 04:20:40PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 12:32:06PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> >        verwenden Sie niemals Outlook oder Outlook Express.
> Hmm, my mutt shows these...  I don't think I get virii that way :)
well, its only to shock outlook users. those see it in big fat
letters ;-)

<snip>
> Maybe you can explain the advantage for such an approuch, I fail to
> see any.
Better performance ?

> Your example for a mouse over is false; many themes show buttons a little
> different when there is a mouse over them.
yeah, yeah, some people use such ones, but others dont.
especially in distributed enviroments (i.e. over serial/modem lines)
it can help saving really much traffic.

does anyone know how the citrix protocol works ?
since it works quite fast event with low bandwidth, they perhaps
do something similar.

well, dont hang up on the mouse example. what i want is to put the
whole widget handling stuff (at least for the basic widgets) into
the server, so it saves much bandwidth. even for local clients it
will save quite much, since they still have to talk to the server
to write evry little piece of the widgets. an window manager on
server side would also be nice.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux ITS
 Webhosting ab 5 EUR/Monat.          UUCP, rawIP und vieles mehr.

 fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     address@hidden
 cellphone: +49 174 7066481
 Diese Mail wurde mit UUCP versandt.      http://www.metux.de/uucp/