Re: [xougen] Xouvert FAQ August 25 release Announcement

From: Eric Anholt
Subject: Re: [xougen] Xouvert FAQ August 25 release Announcement
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:59:13 -0700

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 00:57, David Ross wrote:
> If you wish to review the FAQ before it gets posted to the Xouvert
> sight, you can view it at http://www.tacobus.com/xouvert/faq.html.  You
> will need to manually scroll down because the in page anchors refer to
> the faq on the Xouvert site.

In section 1.5, it says things about NDAs which are not true of the
XFree86 project at this point.  At one point, XFree86 offered specs to
XFree86 members which were NDAed (the members had signed NDAs with
XFree86 to become members).  Any discussion of what's described in those
docs would have to take place in private, I guess.  However, at this
point those docs are no longer offered, there is no membership, and
development discussion does not take place in private.

I would recommend that that bullet point be removed entirely.

The "reduce the risk to XFree86" wording chosen in the next bulletpoint
bothered many people.  Perhaps reword it to: "XFree86 has a development
model that creates releases infrequently, after major server changes.
By doing release early, release often, Xouvert hopes to offer users more
up-to-date driver support and provide feedback and well-tested patches
back to XFree86."  That is, if my rewording is correct in the eyes of
the Xouvert organizers.

In section 2.5 the /can/ should probably be actual italics.

Those are my thoughts on the FAQ for tonight.

--
Eric Anholt                                address@hidden
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         address@hidden