Re: [xougen] imake status in Xouvert

From: suman
Subject: Re: [xougen] imake status in Xouvert
Date: 04 Sep 2003 23:45:39 +0530

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 22:40, William Lahti wrote:
> On Saturday 30 August 2003 2:50 am, David Ross wrote:
> > Howdy everybody,
> >
> > I was wondering what, if anything we will be doing with imake?  This
> > seems to be a rather controversial position, but I think we need, or
> > should have a "general position".
>
> We will be moving portions off to another build system, probably autotools,
> slowly. No need to do it all at once really.

Hi
insted of making a fuss over imake vs auto tools why cant it be like
this
use auto tools on platform where it is supported ad imake on others
which doesn't.
Also as we are slowly moving towards the auto tools once we write the
makefile the changes that need to be made will be very less.so the
maintainence will also be not be very difficult.
-suman