Re: [xougen] ANNOUNCEMENT: MAS sound extension to be included in Xouvert

From: #1 Slacker!
Subject: Re: [xougen] ANNOUNCEMENT: MAS sound extension to be included in Xouvert
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:50:35 -0400 (EDT)

--- On Wed 09/10, Steve Nickolas < address@hidden > wrote:

>Yes. ;)

>Also, while I do believe in keeping the X server relatively simple

>and  not heaping extension after extension on it, with more

>information from nakee, I think, if it's something x.org is putting

>forward (MAS), and it's supposedly going into a future X11

>revision (i.e., X's X), then hey, it will have to go in, or this will

>no longer be an up-to-date X.

Just wonderin... since x.org is goin with mas does that mean gnome and kde will
be usin it too??  Anyone know what mas apps are available??

>Nevertheless I see the other side too, that this is just more >cruft...

I heard that xfree got rid of some cruft like pex and xie that came from x.org
cuz nobody used it.  I heard they might get rid of some more of that kinda
stuff too...  so I guess they forked x's x :-)  Whoose x are we gonna follow --
x's or xfree's -- or are we gonna make up our own?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com