Re: [xougen] ANNOUNCEMENT: MAS sound extension to be included in Xouvert

From: Achim Bohnet
Subject: Re: [xougen] ANNOUNCEMENT: MAS sound extension to be included in Xouvert
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:27:26 +0200

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 17:50, #1 Slacker! wrote:

> --- On Wed 09/10, Steve Nickolas < address@hidden > wrote:
>
> >Yes. ;)
>
> >Also, while I do believe in keeping the X server relatively simple
>
> >and  not heaping extension after extension on it, with more
>
> >information from nakee, I think, if it's something x.org is putting
>
> >forward (MAS), and it's supposedly going into a future X11
>
> >revision (i.e., X's X), then hey, it will have to go in, or this will
>
> >no longer be an up-to-date X.
>

> Just wonderin... since x.org is goin with mas does that mean gnome and kde
> will be usin it too??  Anyone know what mas apps are available??

artsd in HEAD has support for MAS since end of last month:

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/arts/flow/audioiomas.cc

This means, at least when KDE 3.2 comes out, all KDE appl that use current
KDE sound framework will work with MAS.   Until then you can you NAS as
'output' for KDE/arts, but don't expect too much from NAS ;)

Achim