Re: [xougen] Let's benefit from each other's hard work

From: Georgina Economou
Subject: Re: [xougen] Let's benefit from each other's hard work
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:47:09 -0500

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:40:51 -0800 (PST), Roey Katz <address@hidden> wrote:

Harold,

A discussion came up in #xouvert recently regarding
your project's departure from XFree86 proper.  Your
post indicates that we share many of the same
objectives with regards to a more open development
atmosphere. In the interest of strengthening both
your project and ours, how about sharing each other's
resources? We at Xouvert feel that both sides have
much to gain:
- shared codebase and common build system
- greater code reusability
- stronger common authority and voice
- increased visibility
Eagerly awaiting your response!
Sincerely,
Roey Katz
Cygwin/XFree86 and Xouvert fan

Cygwin did not leave XFree86.  Harold Hunt left XFree86.
We will continue to have Cygwin in our CVS long after HH
has gone the way of the dodo.

Georgina