Re: [xougen] Immediate hacking

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [xougen] Immediate hacking
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 18:26:11 -0800

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 12:47:14AM +0000, Herbert Snorrason wrote:
Any takers?
I'd do it, if I had any sense as regards navigating the maze that Xouvert is. :(

Although, it would mean adding PNG support to the X server itself. Do we want this?

Default would be the crosshatch pattern; you could configure in a
LoadModule statement to load a module that can interpet PNG and SVG
images and display them; they would get to render the image into memory
just before the video mode was switched to, so the image display would
be instantaneous.

If someone wanted PNG support, they'd have it.  Those who didn't want
it, wouldn't have it.  Snowjobs and handcranks for everyone. :)

Jonathan

--
                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-951-4142                      It's not true unless
Email:   address@hidden                it makes you laugh,
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org           but you don't understand it
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC       until it makes you weep.