Re: [xougen] Build System

From: Alan Cox
Subject: Re: [xougen] Build System
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 01:10:43 +0000

On Sul, 2003-12-07 at 14:26, Herbert Snorrason wrote:
> My personal votes would be: Jam, own, autotools. In that order. What do
> others say?

Imake is very powerful, very portable and you'd spend years before you
got a system as effective IMHO. The problem isn't that Imake sucks, or
the X build system sucks its the giant spaghetti of configuration option
magic and layers of option computing stuff it has.

Replace the Imake macro configuration hell with something sane that
builds confgurations I can see being very productive