acl-devel

[Acl-devel] Shared ACL's

From: Perry Wagle
Subject: [Acl-devel] Shared ACL's
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 16:19:28 -0800

Can you share a single copy of an ACL across multiple files?

That is, I want to have whole hierarchies having the same ACL without having to
give each file its own copy of a particular (common) value of an ACL.

For example, I want all of the file/directory hierarchy under the directory
"FRED" to have read access from user "PEABODY", and read/write access from user
"SHERMAN", and I want to change (eg add user "BLORT" or change user "PEABODY"
to read/write) that single value of an ACL in O(1) time instead of O(#files)
time by sharing a single copy of an ACL between all the files.

Thanks!

-- Perry Wagle (address@hidden)