acl-devel

Re: [Acl-devel] update to autoconf 2.69

From: Jan Engelhardt
Subject: Re: [Acl-devel] update to autoconf 2.69
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 18:01:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday 2013-05-19 07:34, Brandon Philips wrote:

>On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Andreas Grünbacher <address@hidden> wrote:
>>   autoreconf -Im4 --force
>
>Hrm, I tried that and all it did was re-write config.h.in. This
>created errors because it removed all of the gettext logic from
>config.h.in:
>
>http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/attr.git/tree/include/config.h.in#n32
>
>Open to other ideas but I am going to cut this release without this fix.

Even config.h.in contains so much autogenerated things, like HAVE_*.
What you likely want is

 #configure.ac
 AH_TEMPLATE([ENABLE_GETTEXT], [Set to 1 if gettext is wanted])
 AH_BOTTOM([
        #ifdef ENABLE_GETTEXT
        #       include <libintl.h>
 ])

but then again, that gettext logic wants to be in a file separate from
config.h, I suppose, one with include guards, for example.