Re: [can't compile the main branch]

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:46:04 +0200

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

>>> Hence either
>>> 1) Uwe installs git

>>> He does have Git installed.  He's just working in a directory that's not
>>> under Git's control.

>> That is correct. I prefer to clone the auctex devel repo with mercurial,
>> since I am much more acquainted with mercurial, and therefore it is
>> easier for me to make a new branch for testing, than it is with git.

> I'm sorry, I was wrong about it. Uwe uses hg-git and the local repository
> doesn't contain .git directory. I don't remember well what hg-git does,
> but isn't there the "real" .git direcotry in the .hg directory? In other
> words, I suspect the directory structure is

> repo-dir -+- .hg ---------+- .git
>           |               |
>           +- bib-cite.el  +- FILES_FOR_MERCURIAL_REPO
>           +- ...          +- ...

That is correct there is a .git directory below the .hg directory

> If this is correct, making symbolic link by
> ln -s .hg/.git .
> might be another mean to make gitlog-to-auctexlog work.

That sounds a bit dangerous (I might add .git then to my .hgignore file)
but I might give it a try.

>> I tried out also the repository that I cloned with git and encounter
>> other problems, since my Emacs-repository-version  is

>> "7bf17ceee8c2d347917541e143ce25609e90ebbb"

>> Even though emacs-version tells me 29.0.50

>> And therefore too old.

> This is another problem. I suggest to use master branch and stay away
> from main branch until Uwe can use emacs 29.1 or newer.

Yeah, I am only afraid, that you guys add some new exciting features to
the main branch, and I can't even test it 😇

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.