[Automake] header dependencies on compilation

From: Patrick Guio
Subject: [Automake] header dependencies on compilation
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:23:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear all
I am trying to use the configure system to build a library/program but I
get some problems with dependencies.
I have a directory containing .cpp and .h files which I would like to
compile in two libraries with different compilation flags

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libpicsim3d.la libpicsim2d.la

libpicsim3d_la_SOURCES = species.cpp beam.cpp scheduler.cpp
libpicsim3d_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 0:0:0
libpicsim3d_la_CXXFLAGS = -DDIMR=3 -DDIMV=3

libpicsim2d_la_SOURCES = species.cpp beam.cpp scheduler.cpp
libpicsim2d_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 0:0:0
libpicsim2d_la_CXXFLAGS = -DDIMR=2 -DDIMV=3

It works fine until I touch for example species.h or another header file
in the directory, then the corresponding(s) cpp files are just linked
again but not recompiled. I have tried to include the header files in the
_SOURCES or/and _DEPENDENCIES variables but it does not help.

What do I do wrong? In my old Makefiles, I used to have a depend target
that run the makedepend for me. Is there something similar I can use with
the configure system?

Sincerely

Patrick Guio

Please reply to address@hidden as well.