Re: any way to generate debug AND non-debug releases?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: any way to generate debug AND non-debug releases?
Date: 05 Oct 2000 12:36:03 -0600

>>>>> "Allen" ==   <address@hidden> writes:

Allen> I would like to be able to build both debug and release builds
Allen> of some libraries and apps that are using the GNU build
Allen> system. It seems that there must be an easy way to specify
Allen> multiple targets (one simply stripped of symbols). Can anyone
Allen> point me to some docs or have suggestions on how this can be
Allen> achieved with the GNU autoconf/automake /libtool/make/gcc
Allen> toolchain?

One way would be to make an install-hook that copies the installed
library and then strips it.

If you want to compile the libraries with different flags then you'll
have to use the latest automake's per-library flags feature.

Tom