Re: More fun with BUILT_SOURCES

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: More fun with BUILT_SOURCES
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:24:18 -0500 (EST)

On 14 Nov 2000, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2000, Braden McDaniel <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I realize that BUILT_SOURCES is known to be problematic, but I haven't
> > found any other solution. Any suggestions?
>
> Add explicit dependencies on it.  There's no other way to ensure it's
> generated.  BUILT_SOURCES used to work only with GNU make.

Each source file for my library depends on the generated header, directly
or indirectly. Is it possible for me to add explicit dependencies *and*
keep the libfoo_la_SOURCES variable? I'm trying to hang on to all of
automake's benefits that I possibly can.

--
Braden N. McDaniel                              e-mail: address@hidden
<http://www.endoframe.com>                      Jabber: address@hidden