Re: automake make check error (and more, really)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: automake make check error (and more, really)
Date: 18 Nov 2000 13:46:33 -0700

>>>>> "Melissa" == Brown, Melissa <address@hidden> writes:

Melissa> Here's the error I get when doing the make check on
Melissa> automake-1.4:
Melissa> .
Melissa> .
Melissa> .
Melissa> PASS: yaccpp.test
Melissa> =====================
Melissa> 2 of 194 tests failed
Melissa> =====================

Look at the `make check' output for the lines that say "FAIL".

Chances are that the failures are simply bugs in the test suite.
Automake 1.4's test suite is known to have a couple of nonportable
tests in it.

I think you would be safe if you ignored these failures.

Melissa> Here's the error I get when doing the make on php4.

This looks like a failure to include <math.h>, or maybe a failure of
math.h to declare `finite()'.

Melissa> make[1]: *** [zend-scanner-cc.lo] Error 1
Melissa> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/php-4.0.3pl1/Zend'
Melissa> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Melissa> It's the same kind of error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Recursive??

Don't be confused by make's output.  `make' mentions the same targets
for PHP as for automake.  This isn't suprising if PHP uses
automake-generated Makefiles.

Tom