Re: Attempting to unit test

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Attempting to unit test
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:41:15 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Tom!

> Do you think it would be better to warn or to simply recognize lines
> like that?

I think it's better to recognize those lines and ignore spaces. Doing
otherwise will make Automake somewhat similar to Python because the
formatting will affect the result (without being considered a bug).

> Making the change is easy.  I'm a bit concerned about what it might
> break though.  Sometimes people use weird hacks like this to fool
> automake.

I also feel uneasy about it, but this kind of hacks is very dirty. Whoever
uses them should try to find a better way and maybe ask the Automake team
for help.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin