Re: getopt question

From: Matthew R. MacIntyre
Subject: Re: getopt question
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:53:46 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

Hello again Gary,

I think I follow everything, after going through the documentation again,
but I have a couple of followup questions.

> You also need the AC_REPLACE_GNU_GETOPT macro definition...  but I
> don't know where you might find that -- at the autoconf macro
> repository perhaps?

Well, I couldn't find it there, but I found one taken from a mailing list
post:

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/automake/1998-June/003606.htm

After following the directions in the file, that seems to work fine.

> configure.in:
>
> Xsed="sed -e s/^X//"
> LTLIBOBJS=`echo "$LIBOBJS | \
> [$Xsed -e "s,\.[^.]* ,.lo ,g;s,\.[^.]*$,.lo,"]
> AC_SUBST(LTLIBOBJS)

This piece wasn't working for me, causing configure to bomb, until I added
a "`" at the end.  Then, configure at least gets through it, but the
substitution that it makes for me in the replace/Makefile when I'm trying
this out on FreeBSD is:

LTLIBOBJS = getopt.o getopt1.o getopt.o getopt1. | sed -s s/^X// -e s,.[^.]*
,.lo ,g

which doesn't seem right.

Any thoughts on why this is coming out in the manner it is?

Thanks,

-matt