libs in subdirs

From: Bryan VanDeVen
Subject: libs in subdirs
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:26:09 -0600

I think this has been coverered for shlibs but I culd not find anything for
static libs...   is there ary way (without libtool at the present) to build
static convenience libs and then have them all combined in a top level
directory?

For instance

..../somelib
..../somelib/dbdbv
..../somelib/gdemv

so there are source files in all three directories, and we would like to
eventually combine all the object files into "libsomelib.a"

we tried just listing all the sources in the top level makefile.am, but
automake does not like having any sources in subdirectories it seems.  So, if
we just build libdbdbv.a and libgdemv.a in their respective directories with
their own makefile.am's, is there a way to merge them together with the top
level objects into one "libsomelib.a" ?

Regards,

--
Bryan Van de Ven