variable substitution in AC_OUTPUT

From: Marc van Woerkom
Subject: variable substitution in AC_OUTPUT
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:09:28 +0100 (CET)

I need to have the list of files in AC_OUTPUT variable, but I
can't make it work with automake.

This is the full list

    AC_OUTPUT([
    Makefile
    macros/Makefile
    Base/Makefile
    Dataserver/Makefile
    Dataserver2/Makefile
    Dataserver3/Makefile
    src/Makefile
    test/Makefile
    ])

from inetutils-1.3.2 I took this trick:

    MY_MODULES="Base Dataserver2"
    MY_MAKEFILES="`for D in $MY_MODULES; do echo $ac_n ' '$D/Makefile; done`"

    AC_OUTPUT([
    Makefile
    macros/Makefile
    $MY_MAKEFILES
    src/Makefile
    test/Makefile
    ])

The interesting thing is, that autoconf seems to be happy with this,
but automake is not:

    configure.in: 229: required file `./$MY_MAKEFILES.in' not found

Is there a way to have a variable in AC_OUTPUT where automake
during configure.in scanning will be happy with?

Regards,
Marc