Re: libs in subdirs

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: libs in subdirs
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:56:10 +0100

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 11:26:09AM -0600, Bryan VanDeVen wrote:
: I think this has been coverered for shlibs but I culd not find anything for
: static libs...   is there ary way (without libtool at the present) to build
: static convenience libs and then have them all combined in a top level
: directory?
:
: For instance
:
: ..../somelib
: ..../somelib/dbdbv
: ..../somelib/gdemv
:
: so there are source files in all three directories, and we would like to
: eventually combine all the object files into "libsomelib.a"

It's called creating `convenience libraries'.  Check the docs.

I think the frequency for this question qualifies it for the creation of a
FAQ file in the automake distribution (designated to only this question, if
you may :)...

  Lars J