Re: Compiler Flags

From: Simon Richter
Subject: Re: Compiler Flags
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:45:18 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Tim Heath wrote:

> AM_CXXFLAGS =  -D_POSIX1C_SOURCE -D_HPUX_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT

[...]

> If you know of a better way please feel free to share it with me.  I am
> interested in how to do and if/then to use this only if I am compiling
> on HPUX 11.0 with aCC etc.

Why only with this compiler? These definitions are meant to describe what
standards the code follows, so they should work regardless of the
compiler. Maybe aCC is the only compiler that really complains (try "gcc
-Wall", it might show some warnings without these defs). I still think
that at the top of the source file is the best place for them.

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: DC26 EB8D 1F35 4F44 2934  7583 DBB6 F98D 9198 3292