Re: bug: depcomp misplaced

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: bug: depcomp misplaced
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:21:30 -0500

"Derek R. Price" wrote:

> 2)  In the case of $config_aux_dir, I removed all the switches on '.' and ''
> and
> replaced three with a switch on a new variable
> $config_aux_dir_set_in_configure_in
> (yeah, I know that's a little long, but it sure is easy to interpret) which
> is set
> when AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR is noticed initially since it seemed a little silly to
> check _every_ use of $config_aux_dir for '.' and '' for only three places
> which
> wanted to look in a local directory rather than use AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR's actual
> value.

I should have specified $config_aux_dir rather than AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR in the
last reference of
this explanation, as the code sets $config_aux_dir to one of the default
locations (it could be
'.', '..', or '../..', depending on where the first config file is found) and
_this_ is what the
code which now switches on $config_aux_dir_set_in_configure_in is avoiding.  If
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR
was used that code will use the specified value.  Hence the variable name.

Derek

--
Derek Price                      CVS Solutions Architect ( http://CVSHome.org )
mailto:address@hidden     OpenAvenue ( http://OpenAvenue.com )
There are plenty of businesses like show business.
There are plenty of businesses like show business...

          - Bart Simpson on chalkboard, _The Simpsons_