Re: Troubles using automake with CygWin on NT

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Troubles using automake with CygWin on NT
Date: 17 Dec 2000 16:25:13 -0700

>>>>> "Walter" == Walter Lievens <address@hidden> writes:

Walter> Since I want to install MySQL++ (the C++ API of MySQL), I need
Walter> to use automake.

I'm a bit suprised.  Ordinarily a package maintainer uses `make dist';
then the person building the package doesn't need automake.

Walter>      /d/develop/3rdparty/mysql++-1.7.8$ automake
Walter>      Can't open perl script "/usr/local/bin/automake": No such file or
directory

Walter> What did I do wrong? First, I thought that the magic header
Walter> '#!/usr/local/bin/perl' didn't work. A test perl program with
Walter> the same magic header works, though.

I honestly don't know what the problem is.
It sounds like a Cywin problem, though -- I'd try asking on the
approrpiate Cygwin list.

Tom