Re: EXTRA_DIST and CVS directories

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: EXTRA_DIST and CVS directories
Date: 17 Dec 2000 16:41:46 -0700

>>>>> "Ganesan" == Ganesan Rajagopal <address@hidden> writes:

Ganesan> When you provide Automake 1.4 a directory name to EXTRA_DIST
Ganesan> it slurps in the entire directory into the distribution
Ganesan> including any CVS directories. This is strictly not a bug as
Ganesan> per the documentation but makes the feature rather
Ganesan> useless. Can we fix this to exclude CVS subdirectories and
Ganesan> backup files (files ending in ~). Thanks.

I really don't want to do that.  Having a directory in EXTRA_DIST is a
bad idea.  I only added because many people thought they wanted it.  I
definitely don't want to go down the road of "exclude this, exclude
that".  It seems like a never-ending road to me.

Tom