Re: Automake suffixes ordering [patch]

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Automake suffixes ordering [patch]
Date: 21 Dec 2000 22:40:16 -0700

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

Kevin> I find though that I got it wrong for the case where automake
Kevin> isn't automatically generating any suffixes, but rather there's
Kevin> only user-supplied ones with $(SUFFIXES).  This comes up in
Kevin> autoconf I think.

Thanks.  I'm checking in your patch.

Kevin> The one liner below is the amendment.  If it can't be
Kevin> considered part of the original change, then a log entry might
Kevin> be,

Every change needs a log entry.  Here's what I ended up using:

2000-12-21  Kevin Ryde <address@hidden>

        * automake.in (handle_footer): Generate .SUFFIXES target when user
        defines suffixes but automake does not.

Tom