Re: amtraces

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: amtraces
Date: 02 Feb 2001 17:10:28 -0700

>>>>> "Derek" == Derek R Price <address@hidden> writes:

Derek> The case in question is the DEFAULT_INCLUDES variable being
Derek> substituted in as part of DEFS.  Since Automake still asumes
Derek> that a call to AC_SUBST(DEFS) is always user-requested and that
Derek> a user request overrides the version of DEFS from comp-vars.am,
Derek> DEFAULT_INCLUDES is no longer being set.

I'm afraid I have no idea what this is all about :-(.

First, what difference does it make who requests the AC_SUBST?
All AC_SUBSTs should end up in Makefile.in.

Tom